A 14-year-old boy has been charged after he allegedly beat a younger student into a coma in a school hallway.The boy is accused of slamming 12-year-old Henry Sembdner to the ground after they bumped into each other between classes at Kenyon Woods Middle School in South Elgin, Illinois on February 3.Henry was left with multiple face fractures and bleeding on the brain from the attack.The seventh grader was placed in an induced coma in hospital for several days. The boy who allegedly attacked him was charged as a juvenile with one felony count of aggravated battery and two misdemeanor counts of battery.He faced court on Tuesday with both of his parents.The 14-year-old suspect was ordered to wear an electronic monitoring device and is not allowed to leave his home apart from going to school. He is no longer attending the school where the alleged attack occurred.Henry's family attorney Lance Northcutt told ABC7 he had no idea what led to the attack.'There was no history of bullying, there was no prior interaction between these two kids, but what we still don't know is why this other child reacted the way he did,' he said. While Henry's parents said they were grateful the case was moving forward, they expressed concern over the welfare of the boy charged.He could face up to five years in juvenile detention if he is convicted.Henry spent two days in an induced coma earlier this month given his serious head injuries. He was allowed to return home several days after waking and showing signs of improvement.'You heard it here first ... Henry is Home!', his mother Karen Sembdner tweeted of his homecoming on February 7.'We are happy to be home but this is just a baby step on the road to recovery.'He was scheduled to meet with various doctors as he recovers from the horrific injuries.